Posted Date: Jun 11, 2021
Application Deadline: Jun 29, 2021
Position Type: Full Time - Grant Funded
Salary Range: $67,057 to $92,809 (pro-rated) per year
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consideration before external candidates.
This position is for 1 year plus a day with the possibility of being renewed and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits.
Working in the Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute (ABMI)'s Information Centre, the Software Programmer is responsible for various activities related to the ABMI's many information systems, including database management and administration, development and maintenance of desktop and hybrid mobile applications.
- Develop software applications to support the collection, processing, management, and/or sharing of environmental data
- Research and evaluate software frameworks and libraries to implement optimal software solutions , and present recommendations to team members
- Responsible for timely delivery of all projects
- Post-Secondary Degree in Computing Science or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience as Java or C# Programmer
- Minimum 2 years experience with relational databases and SQL
Minimum 2 years experience with html and css
- Linux/Windows System Administration
- Mobile app development
- Machine learning and model training
To assist the University in complying with mandatory reporting requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (R203(3) (e)), please include the first digit of your Canadian Social Insurance Number in your application. If you do not have a Canadian Social Insurance Number, please indicate this in your application.